I've got a good feeling about this

Friday, July 08, 2005

Xrays and mediports

Today I go in to have a mediport installed. A mediport is like a semi-permanent IV. This makes it a lot easier to get chemo drugs into your system, as well as any blood draws for lab work. They're also going to take a chest x-ray to see if there's any obvious signs of spreading. Having a mediport installed really brings home the fact that I have cancer. It's going to be hard staying in denial with something sticking out of my chest.

Early next week I'll meet with my oncologist and start pre-operative treatment to shrink the tumor as much as possible before surgery. Being bald might be an interesting look, though I'm sure I'll be creepy without eyebrows and eyelids. Maybe Jen can draw fake ones on me like the women who pluck them out and draw them in.

I think this blog is going to be a great way of staying focused as well as keeping everyone up to date about what's going on. Be forewarned, I'm not going to edit this very much, so there may be times when there's a lot of raw emotion/fear/panic that may scare some of you. That's just me going through things, and putting it down on virtual paper is going to be very therapeutic (I hope).

Cj

3 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is cool if you go bald. It will give me an excuse to shave my head again without Melissa giving me crap for it. I can just say I am doing it in support of you.

 
At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agree that using a blog (an electronic form of journaling) is healthy, so let it flow . . . Also helps keep all of us to date. Wondering if your hospital has a support group?

 
At 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agree that using a blog (an electronic form of journaling) is healthy, so let it flow . . . Also helps keep all of us to date. Wondering if your hospital has a support group?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home