I've got a good feeling about this

Thursday, July 14, 2005

A relief of sorts

Today's meeting with the oncologist went far better than I could have hoped for. I have an adenocarcinoma, about 5cm in size. According to the CT scan, there doesn't appear to be any metastasis. We won't know if the cancer has spread to the lymph nodes until surgery in 3 months. I start radiation treatment on Monday, and either 5FU or Xeloda for the chemo treatment. Xeloda is in pill form, taken twice a day, while 5FU is infused 24/7 via a fannypack pump. If I get 5FU, I'll need to go in once a week to refill the pack. The oncologist seems sharp, and has a good bedside manner.

I'm not out of the woods by any stretch of the imagination, but the sense of relief is overpowering. Chemo's going to suck, as will rad therapy and surgery. But I can beat this thing. It's just a bunch of friggin stupid cells. Now I'm going to go take some pain pills and get a nap.

love,

Cj

1 Comments:

At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

chris, that is some encouraging news and we're so happy to hear it. stay strong and know that you have a lot of support! even from people you don't really know, like me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home