I've got a good feeling about this

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

What I've Got

In talking to a lot of my friends who visit this site, I realized that I've never come out and said exactly the type of cancer I have. It's rectal cancer, and feel free to make as many jokes about it as you want. I sure do. Sometimes it's a real pain in the ass... ;)

Initially I didn't want to put that I had cancer on the site, until I had spoken with my Mom (sorry Mom). Just didn't want her to find out that way, and wasn't sure if she ever checked this site. Then, it felt awkward to call it rectal cancer, like I had done something wrong, or that I should be embarressed. I kept calling it Colo-Rectal cancer, like that extra word made a difference. It's still cancer, I'm still sick, and this is all just semantics.

I'm looking forward to a lot of things with this experience, especially the chance to lose weight. It's ironic that I had to get cancer to become serious about weight loss, but what can you do? As the funniest man I know suggested when I asked for T-shirt ideas,

"Chemo: When You Absolutely, Positively Hafta Lose Weight"

and for all my friends who NEED TO GET THEIR ASSES checked via colonoscopy:

Colonoscopy: Why Sacrifice Another Gerbil? (or...)
Save A Gerbil: Get A Colonoscopy

I used to be a Mac zealot/advocate. I always irritated everyone by saying "You wouldn't have all these problems if you used a Mac." Well, now I'm a colonoscopy zealot. If you think you need one, get one. If you don't think you need one, get one anyways. If I haven't given you my lecture, just wait. I'll get around to you eventually. You'll learn far more about the colon then you've ever wanted to know. I'll even talk about it at meals, bar mitzvahs, weddings and church services. So, if you want to skip the lecture, GO GET A COLONOSCOPY.

love,

Cj

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home