I've got a good feeling about this

Monday, September 26, 2005

D-Day

Had a good meeting with my surgeon today. Surgery is scheduled for Oct. 12th at St. Elizabeth's. Dr. Pitsch said that he'll attempt to avoid a colostomy if at all possible. I didn't get a strong feeling about it, but he may be the type who under-promises and over-delivers. If he's successful I'll have a temporary ileostomy for a couple of months.

He said that depending on my recovery, I can expect to stay in the hospital for 4-10 days. At least I'll have a private room, so I don't have to put up with someone snoring.

I guess I'm disappointed for a couple of reasons. I had originally thought surgery was going to be on either the 5th or 6th, so it's another week of waiting. I'm also disappointed that there are so many things up in the air concerning the surgery. I've felt so good (physically and emotionally) the last few days that today was a bit of cold hard reality slapping me in the face. What can you do?

love,

Cj

2 Comments:

At 12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Chris!
I thought I would speak up so you know that I am keeping up with your site and praying for you daily.

Here's an idea:
In that extra week of waiting, do something fun! Think of it as a gift before the next phase of treatment (surgery). Make a good memory to bring a smile to your heart during your recovery time in the hospital. Have a candle lit dinner, blow bubbles with your girls, make a fort in the living room and have a family campout in it! It can be simple. I guarantee it will lift your spirits and the memory will get you through a future tough day.

Hang in there, Chris. God's plan is perfect.

Love,
Alison

 
At 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chris,
Sorry you have wait longer for the surgery, but glad you have a date certain now. Hope all goes well.
Georgie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home