I've got a good feeling about this

Friday, August 26, 2005

Ding dong, the pump is gone

I had expected to have my chemo continue over the weekend to coincide with the last radiation treatment on Monday. When I met with the PA at the clinic, she said that it would be silly to keep it for just 3 days. So, they took the infernal thing out today. I feel almost normal without it hanging around.

Monday is the last day of radiation treatment, and the last day I'll meet with the radiation oncologist. Dr. Barrios has been a wonderful doctor, very patient and understanding. The staff at the clinic has been wonderful as well. I won't miss the treatments, but I will miss the people who have been working hard with me to fight this cancer.

The folks at the chemo clinic are nice too, but I haven't seen much of my doctor, just the PA's. They and the nurses are wonderful. I guess I don't understand why I see my radiation oncologist on a weekly basis, but not the main oncologist. I've only seen Dr. Green once, when we first started treatment.

love

Cj

2 Comments:

At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chris, We're so glad to hear your radiation treatments end on Monday. Like your mom said, that will definitely be a good day. Hope you're in good spirits. Nick and I got married this past Saturday and "Uncle Mick" officiated! It was a perfect day and I would love to show you photos if you'd like to see some. Please email me your email if you'd like. Talk to you soon!

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger   said...

Congratulations Lisa (and Nick). You can send me photos at:

cjackson@d a t a - integrity.n e t

just remove the spaces (leave the dash in place.

Cj

 

Post a Comment

<< Home