I've got a good feeling about this

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Keeping things straight

One challenge with going through treatment with 3 different doctors is keeping everything straight. I was far off on what I expected in terms of schedule. Here's the latest:

6 more days of radiation treatment and chemo, ending on the 29th of August. Then approximately 2 weeks of recovery before I meet with the surgeon to discuss and schedule the surgery. That meeting would be around Sept. 12, and surgery could be anytime after that depending on his schedule. Then after surgery I'll have 4 more months of chemo. I think there will be time off after surgery for me to recovery before chemo starts. Surgery is not something I'm looking forward to, but I just want to get this stuff done. I'm putting off too much stuff until "after."

The good thing is that I can get rid of my chemo pump much sooner. Although I've been very fortunate about side effects from both rad and chemo treatment, I hate this pump. Hate it. It's better than some options, but it's like a ball and chain. Oh well.

My CBC results are very good, up again from last week. Particularly my white blood cell count, which has risen again. That's the one that gets monitored closely since it's so important for my bodies self defence against infection etc. So that's a good thing. I've lost a couple pounds since the previous Friday, but they don't seem concerned about 1-2lb/week. It's just when it's in the 5-6lbs that they worry.

Maddie's god-parents stopped in last night, and it was a joy to have them visit. Maddie had fun showing off for Rachel and Chad, as well as being able to stay up past her bedtime! My daughter's no dope... ;)

love,

Cj

1 Comments:

At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chris. I'm thankful that the Lord is answering prayer in even the smallest details of your life. It's wonderful that your white blood count is where it should be and that your weight has somewhat stabilized.

Say hi to everyone and continue to keep your eyes on our wonderful Savior, the Lord Jesus.

Love, Mark

 

Post a Comment

<< Home