I've got a good feeling about this

Friday, August 26, 2005

How you can help

Whenever someone learns about my cancer, the question invariably arises; How can I help? Fortunately, the answer is simple. Call me or Jen, or email when you have a chance. The power of a phone call or email note is amazing. Just hearing a friend's voice, or reading a good email lifts our spirits immensely.

I'm also fortunate financially. I'm on Jen's insurance policy, and my total out of pocket can't exceed $2K (for 2005 at least). I also have a wonderful employer who has been more than generous. I don't know how people without some type of health insurance cope financially with cancer. If I was uninsured, I'd already have rung up over $50K in bills, and surgery/post-op chemo will make that look like a bargain. I'm a pretty staunch conservative, and opposed to nationalized health care, but I wonder whether there isn't some middle ground that helps low income/uninsured people cope with serious illnesses.

If you wish to make a financial contribution, visit www.cancer.org. Cancer research can always use more funds.

love

Cj

1 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, Blogger   said...

Mothers can always correct grammar... ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home