I've got a good feeling about this

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

SSDD

It's getting harder to post on even close to a daily basis. Between fatigue and nothing really interesting to write, I doubt I'll be able to do daily postings. Think of it like this, no news is good news.

I have only 4 more radiation treatments, and when those are done, my chemo stops as well. I can't wait.

Our household is suffering from a complete lack of sleep. Madeline has been having night terrors the last two nights, and Emily has been waking up at 2am as well. She won't fall back asleep unless we hold her, and she can take an hour or so to conk out. We've been making some mistakes in her sleep cycle (letting her fall asleep in our arms) that probably make it hard for her to go to sleep when she wakes up in the middle of the night.

Maddie's night terrors are much more troublesome. She screams so loudly that it usually wakes Emily up. Last night Maddie woke up about every 45 minutes. I ended up sleeping in her room, trying to give her some comfort. So I got about 1hr of sleep. Jen took care of Emily, and probably got less sleep than I did before she had to head to work. Hopefully we can get this squared away in a week or so, otherwise we'll both be out of gas.

It'll be nice when we know when my surgery is scheduled. I've been so fortunate with side effects, and I hope my luck holds out with surgery and post surgical chemo. I read a lot of people's blogs about their cancer experiences, and they seem to have so many problems with chemo that I've managed to avoid. So even though I feel miserable at times, I always remind myself it could be worse.

I just read that Lance Armstrong has been accused (again) of doping in the 1999 Tour de France. I doubt the veracity of the charge, but I have another thought. Who gives a rat's ass? If he did dope, it's still a superhuman achievement. His cancer was so pervasive and damaging that it's amazing that he ever rode again, much less won the Tour. I'd love to see any of his 1999 challengers go through his chemo regimen, and then ride the Tour. Again, I doubt that he doped. I think this is just further jealousy being expressed and 6 years is a little late to be making charges that Lance is unable to refute other than by his words.

love

Cj

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home