I've got a good feeling about this

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Cold, cold, cold

It's another day of subzero temperatures, not counting the wind chill. Sometimes I feel insane for having left California for this weather, but I'd probably be complaining about wildfires/tsunami/traffic if I had stayed. And of course I wouldn't have met Jen...

I normally have one week off between chemo cycles to recuperate, but this time I have two weeks. Not sure why, but I'm going to enjoy feeling normal for two weeks, instead of counting the days until chemo starts. So my last round of chemo starts on Feb 27th, and ends on March 12th. Then I wait a few weeks for CEA marker tests. This is a DNA test that looks for signs of cancer cells. I can't take the tests until I've been off chemo for awhile as they skew the test results too much.

After that I'll have a CT scan, and assuming all is good, schedule to have my porta-cath removed. They'll monitor my blood work for the rest of the year, then I'll probably be left to my own devices. I'll have to have a colonoscopy done annually for the next 5 years, and if that's clear, then that'll go to 5 year intervals.

It's so rewarding to contemplate getting back to normal. I've dreamt so long of what I'll do when I'm better, and now the finish line is so close. Two tough weeks, then I can exhale...

love,

Cj

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home