I've got a good feeling about this

Friday, July 15, 2005

Still a big struggle ahead

Amidst all of my euphoria over yesterday's results, I still need to bear in mind that this isn't going to be easy. Chemo is going to be hard hard hard, as will the side effects from radiation therapy. Surgery isn't going to be a picnic either, nor adjuvent (post surgery) chemo. BUT, it's a good day, and I'm going to savor it a bit.

Today I meet with the radiation experts to chart out my treatment. I think the game plan is for me to start on Monday, 5 days a week for 6 weeks. The treatment itself should be relatively painless, but who knows with the side effects. A lot of the stuff I've been reading both in books and online boil down to two words, "it depends." Each person seems to react to chemo and radiation treatment in a unique way. Some people can't stand spicy foods, others have lost a bit of their sense of taste, so they eat tons of spices. Others have problems with nausea etc, while a different group doesn't.

So, I'll just have to see how it affects me. They have a wealth of drugs to treat the side effects, so I'm optimistic that I won't feel the cure is worse than the cancer.

love,

Cj

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home