I've got a good feeling about this

Monday, March 13, 2006

Done

Last night was the final chemo dosage for me. I had bloodwork done today, and it wasn't that great. My white blood cell count (absolute neutrophil count for you medical geeks) was .6, a significant drop from the previous week. All it really means though is that I have to watch out for infections for a bit longer, since my body's ability to fight them off is reduced. I don't know why the sudden drop, but I'm not too worried about it. I go in for weekly blood tests, so hopefully the counts will jump up as the chemo agents work their way out of my system.

The sense of relief at being done with treatment is immense. I'm still fatigued, but that too will pass. I won't feel completely free until my CT scan in May, and my colonoscopy in October, but I feel pretty good right now.

2 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Blogger YSuarez said...

YUUUUPPPIIIIII!!!!! We are so happy that u are all done with chemo Chris! Wash hands all the time, u will feel so good pretty soon when all the meds are off ur body. Way to go!!!!!

Yami

 
At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris... it's been a while, but I found your blog linked from Rod's and thought I'd check it out. I'm very glad to read that you are essentially on the recovery side of things and hope to soon read that you are feeling better and you are cancer free.

I haven't read many of your posts yet, but would hope that Jen and the family are also doing well and I pray that you have many years together left in you!

Hope you start to bounce back soon from the chemo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home