I've got a good feeling about this

Friday, July 22, 2005

Anticlimactic

I started my radiation treatment yesterday, and although it was a bit tedious with all of the alignment/positioning stuff, it doesn't seem like it will be a big deal. It should only take 15-20 minutes, 5 days a week for 25 treatments. The side effects won't be fun, but at least the treatment itself won't be painful or uncomfortable. The only pain I felt was when they tatooed the alignment points on my posterior for posterity! The technician said that I shouldn't feel any side effects for at least a week, and more likely 2 weeks.

They zap me with a linear accelerator that looks like it belongs on the set of a sci-fi movie. The technician said it cost over $2 million, and the clinic is brand new. I've only seen one other patient in the clinic so far, which is such a contrast to the chemo clinic which is always packed and hectic.

Today I continue the rad treatment, and I'll also start my chemo. I'll get a fanny pack pump that will dispense 5FU 24/7 through my portacath. Coping with having something strapped to me for three months doesn't sound like fun, but I'm hopeful that this methodology won't be as hard to cope with as the older style of treatments.

I'd like to wish a belated birthday to Lisa (Wednesday was the big day). I simply forgot!

love,

Cj

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home