I've got a good feeling about this

Thursday, July 21, 2005

No Trial For Me

Well, I'm out of the clinical trial. My health insurance company doesn't cover Phase 1-3 clinical trials. I could appeal this, but the amount of time and paperwork involved would push my treatment too far back. So, I'll just be using the standard 5FU/Leucovorin chemo plus radiation treatment for my neo-adjuvant therapy.

I wish I had known about this earlier, and I have no one to blame but myself. I didn't get around to reading my policy until yesterday, blindly assuming that it would be covered. I guess I'm just impatient to start treatment.

On that note, I start radiation treatment today. I have to admit that I'm scared of the procedure, mostly because of the side effects. I've tried to keep my fear of all the procedures in check, but sometimes it really hits me that this isn't a cold, or a cavity that needs to be filled (no pun intended).

I'm still buoyed by my ultrasound. The fact that we still don't see any signs of nodes or mets is wonderful.

love,

Cj

2 Comments:

At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chris...thanks for the update...I know the "unknown" is hard to deal with. Here is a great verse that I memorized many years ago: "Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, (why?) for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow evening!

Love,
Mark

 
At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is sort of jacked up that the insurance won't cover it.

Number 1, I have a mad-on for insurance companies anyways but, as this is a "Trail", I would think it would be cheaper to take part in. Perhaps I am misunderstanding things but, when I hear "trail" I think it is going to be testing new process or drugs etc, and who ever is conducting the trial would shoulder the majority of the cost.

I dunno, I don't know much about health care. Or their crazy ways.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home