I've got a good feeling about this

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Not with a bang, but a whimper

Well I started chemo yesterday, and the first results are mixed. I felt nausea within about two hours, but I have a prescription that seems to be working quite well. Having a pump attached to me 24/7 isn't very much fun though. It's bulky, with IV tubing that can't be allowed to kink, and generally it's a pain. I suppose I'll get used to it, but I'll probably complain about it for a while. It just makes the simplest tasks awkward, and I worry that I'll screw it up while sleeping.

I hope this treatment system (24/7 dosage) is easier on me than having one massive chemo infusion, then a week or two of recovery. My appetite seems a bit off, but it's been that way for a week or two. I wouldn't mind losing some weight, but I don't want to end up looking like a refugee either.

Other than that I've no side effects from either the chemo or radiation treatment. Hopefully that will be the case for the next 3 months. I doubt it, but for me, hope usually trumps doubt.

love,

Cj

p.s. The weather here is horrible. 104 yesterday with a pretty high humidity. Even if I was in perfect health that's hot enough to make me uncomfortable. How about something in the 70's heh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home